Powerlink Queensland is a Government Owned Corporation that owns, develops, operates and maintains the electricity transmission network in Queensland. We are the central link in the electricity supply chain, transporting high voltage electricity from generators to electricity distribution networks.
The Health Safety Environment Advisor reports into the HSE Business Partner and is responsible for providing specialist advice, coaching, mentoring and monitoring on HSE matters to all areas of the business. This includes input and assistance in the continuous improvement of HSE systems and processes.
What you will do:
- Engage with internal stakeholders and external contractors to provide timely information and advice on positive HSE management practices; liaising and consulting as appropriate to facilitate the achievement of HSE objectives
- Coordinate, conduct and support timely HSE incident investigations involving complex technical issues, including engaging with management and workers to identify and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Monitor and review responses to incidents and undertake further investigations or follow-up actions where necessary to achieve positive and enduring outcomes
- Partner with a range of stakeholders to assist in the identification and assessment of HSE risks and recommend the establishment, documenting and implementing of effective control measures
- Implement HSE audit and inspection functions to provide technically robust and cost-effective recommendations and solutions
- Communicate current and new HSE procedures and processes to Powerlink workers and contractors and provide high quality inputs towards the ongoing development and maintenance of the Powerlink HSE Management System
- Influence, mentor and train key stakeholders on elements of HSE management relevant to their area of work
- Provide a range of HSE support functions to large scale construction projects and maintenance activities.
What you will need to be successful:
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Health, Safety and/or Environment or similar discipline
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to be pro-active and effectively communicate to staff and all levels of management
- High attention to detail
- Experience providing environmental advice for construction project’s planning and/or approvals
- Experience providing pragmatic advice in managing potential environmental impacts during construction projects
- ICAM Lead Investigator qualifications
- Lead Auditor qualifications
What we can offer you:
- Training and development for future career growth
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent remuneration packages and flexible work arrangements
To apply for this position please click on the 'Apply' button and upload your application, consisting of a current resume and covering letter. Applications close at 5:00pm Monday 20 January 2020.
For further information about this opportunity please contact Powerlink’s recruitment team at email@example.com
At Powerlink we are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.